Wednesday, August 26, 2015

VASA Fitness 3 Day Trial

I visited two VASA fitness centers this week in Provo and Orem. I took the tour, attended a Zumba class and a Pilates class and had a 1 hour personal training session. I was impressed with the enthusiasm and showmanship of the Zumba instructors. These girls got up on stage and acted like rock stars. They were really into it and so were many of the young men and women around me flailing arms and legs, moving forward and then backwards, hooting and hollering while the music blared enough to leave me partially deaf for a couple of hours. I found myself trying my best to flow with the music and follow the dance moves as best that I could.

I made an appointment for a personal session the next day. The personal trainer I was scheduled to meet with had given notice a few minutes before I arrived. However, I was turned over to another trainer named Luke. He showed me some exercise routines, and we talked about some of my goals. I think we clicked. If I had the funds, I would have signed up for 3 sessions a week. The cost of 4,000 dollars for a year of personal training may seem like a lot but that is the cost of 1 "cheap" chemotherapy treatment. He had a friendly demeanor and demonstrated a level or professionalism that I really liked. I have built relationships with several people that have helped me to keep working out. I can't do this alone. To overcome my shame, I've openly admitted my weakness and sought to make it a strength.

I went into a 1 hour Pilates session with Angie. She was relentless in her workout demonstration! We focused on leg lifts and I went to exhaustion several times but I kept moving and doing the best that I could. I really felt the burn! I was impressed with her strength and then to hear that she did the same workout 3 times that day, I was amazed! This is what inspiration is made of. I know if she could do it, I could too if I kept at it long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment