Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Dog Walks Me

Jovi is a pure bred beagle. We adopted her about 6 years ago. She has always been a feisty girl, so I've had to be careful to keep her leashed. The past year or so she has mellowed and doesn't care so much for politics and who is in charge. She will steer clear of most encounters and stays close to me. She wakes up early to make sure I go out for a walk every morning. She seems to have it in her head that first light means time to go! It gets me out of bed and and walking or running, she doesn't mind.

Unfortunately, She has also developed a few tumors. It doesn't seem to be causing her any pain but it does make her look a little lop sided when she walks. I give her pieces of carrots to eat as snacks and I make sure to feed her small meals 3 times a day and take her out to walk a mile or two each day. I'm grateful for her patience with me and her quiet determination to make sure I keep exercising.


No comments:

Post a Comment