Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bake bread stay healthy

Good food is a critical part of my cancer treatment. I avoid processed foods. No more hot dogs, soda, candy bars and cakes. Who am I kidding? I do indulge, just a lot less!

I attended Chef Brad's presentation about using grains in making bread. I ground up one cup of barley, a cup of Spelt, and a cup of brown rice with my Vita Mix blender. I mixed in an additional 3 cups of Turkey bread flour. I poured in a tablespoon of honey, a cup of evaporated milk, two eggs, two tablespoons yeast and 2 cups of water. I mixed the dough with a Kitchen Aid mixer.

This yielded 4 pounds of dough. The bread came out pretty good. Funny how the bread is very satisfying to eat. My wife and kids loved how good it tastes. It doesn't seem to last very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment