Saturday, August 29, 2015

Eating Whole Grain breads

I attended several classes with Chef Brad teaching about the virtues of grains, especially when used in baking a loaf of bread. Since then, I have baked a half dozen loaves of bread. Not wanting to see any of it go to waste, I promised myself I would eat any mistakes. My first attempt using spelt, brown rice and Kamut flours mixed with a few cups of bread flour was eaten within 2 hours! My next attempt had too many whole grain flours, 5 to be exact, and didn't have the same appeal. The first thing I noticed about eating whole grain bread is that it is very filling. It is also a bit of a challenge to digest at first. I believe that the digestive tract needs to adjust before it can digest food in an optimal manner. One episode of diarrhea and then after that smooth sailing. I noticed that I felt calmer and didn't feel hungry for most of the day. I had to eat a little slower, chewing each bite with some care because it is a fiber rich food.

During the class, I heard that eating with more whole grains in your diet will rid your body of disease. I thought, hmmm...I've been trying to rid my body of cancer. I can try this out and see how well it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment