Saturday, August 16, 2014

How Essiac Tea Helps my Cancer

I'm brewing up another 2 gallon batch of Essiac or Cassi Tea this morning.  The process requires two 12 quart stock pots. I fill the first pot with 2 gallons of water and bring it to a boil. I add a cup of Cassi-Tea mix and stir for 10 minutes. I lower the heat, cover and let it sit for 6 hours.

The tea is a mix of 4 herbs: Sheep Sorrel, Burdock Root, Slippery Elm Bark, and Turkey Rhubarb.

A simple and elegant combination of herbs that I have walked past in my hikes. As a 5 year old I loved grabbing Rhubarb from a neighbors garden and still admire this hardy plant. I've hugged an Elm tree and enjoyed it's shade in the summer. I started drinking Cassi Tea about 7 months ago.

I talked to my sister Lynell on the phone and she reminded me that Essiac or Cassi Tea would help speed my recovery. At the time, I was sitting in a La-Z-Boy recliner recovering from 12 weeks of chemotherapy. I was starting to feel better but wanted to make sure that I did everything I could to cleanse my body of the chemo drugs and the cancer cells that were still active. I purchased the tea from an herb shop in Orem called Healthy Herbal Nutrients or HHN. It cost about $43 dollars with Utah state tax. The kit contains 4 packets of herbs in the correct proportions. I poured each pouch into a 22.8 cup Flip top Snapware airtight storage container. I shake the container to mix the ingredients and it renders 7 cups of mix.

The tea tastes like tree bark mixed with some roots dug out of the ground. I used to play alchemist when I was younger mixing up grasses, barks and leaves to see what it would taste like. I drink a cup of Cassi tea in the first thing in the morning. I notice that the tea helps keep me regular, gives a little energy boost and helps me feel better. My cancer indicators hcG and AFP levels continued to go lower. The tea is great for a host of other health problems too.

No comments:

Post a Comment