Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cancer and the Test

This post card expresses how I felt about treating cancer. It seems to be an impossible burden. The options are bleak and the treatment that is offered exacts a price on your wallet and your health. I wasn't able to lift the burden alone. I had to rely on my family and friends for encouragement and comfort during the darkest moments. Each day I woke up and looked at this image. It inspired me to keep trying, kid, it's just another day I have to get through.

After all of the tests and progress that is measured. The money that is spent to keep you alive, I had to wonder, am I worth it? I'm sure that in a short term, that question is one I'd rather not give serious consideration. I do believe it is worth the time and effort to get better. Use everything you have to recover and get better. In my case, I believe the discipline I developed in athletic training served me well. I chose to follow the Gerson Protocol which requires some strict diet changes and cleansing procedures that have to be done daily for an extended period of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment