Friday, August 15, 2014

Aubergine & Company helps with Cancer

Aubergine and Company
I like good food. It goes further though for me because I'm fighting for my life. I'm convinced that I grew a large basketball sized tumor because of my diet. There are many claims that Cancer grows in an acidic environment. My body is hosting an aberration, a perverse set of cells that are going to town growing, thriving and ultimately, killing me. Ugh. I have discovered that many restaurants and fast food serve low quality, acid causing food. However, I am thrilled to recommend Aubergine & company. They offer high quality food at a reasonable price. It is a bargain when you consider how much it costs to source all of the ingredients, chop them up and sit down and eat. It is a challenge to eat it before it all goes bad and buy ingredients that are organic, antibiotic free meat and bring together everything for a lunch served in minutes.

Sprouts Farmers Market I found this oasis of good eating while shopping at Sprouts. I juice a lot of carrots, beets, apples, celery and it requires frequent trips to this store. I find the store has a welcoming environment, helpful store associates and fair prices. I appreciate their friendly and helpful attitude. It is such a blessing to be able to visit, shop and trust that you are buying food safe to eat and feed to your family.

Another important factor is what I like to call the mileage you get out of your lunch. Do you go back to work and find that you are starving at 2:00 and are tempted to eat a bag of Doritos or a pop-tart? Or worse tempted to steal a coworkers leftovers left in the refrigerator? I found that the lunch is satisfying while giving you the energy to continue until dinner time. Disclaimer: you may find this food is difficult to digest if you are in the habit of eating highly processed foods. As you eat less processed foods, your body will absorb more out of it easily and render more energy available enjoying life! Buen Provecho!

So far, I have visited the Orem location three times. The menu is mainly mixed salads, sandwiches and Acacia bowls. The first time, I tasted the large Tuscany salad with Italian dressing and pita bread. I liked the flavors but I had a hard time tasting the dressing because there was so much chopped greens. I added ginger dressing to the salad. I think my sense of taste has been harmed from chemotherapy, because my wife tasted the salad and said it was an explosion of flavor or "a party in my mouth". I ate the entire salad and it made me feel good. I returned the next day and tried the Greek salad. I'm a big fan of Greek food, especially olives. I was very pleased with this salad with Jalapeno sauce. I returned today and tried the Dream Salad. Omigosh, it was the best salad yet! My goal is to juice and eat the salad each day for a week to see if the tumor shrinks. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I had a juice in the morning, a salad in the afternoon for lunch and a light supper of bread and potatoes.

    ReplyDelete