Saturday, August 16, 2014

Seeking Safe Food at Farmers Market



Provo Farmers Market

Every Saturday, people gather at Pioneer Park in the center of town and sell their fresh fruits, vegetables, arts, crafts and food truck items. The side walk becomes an aisle jostling with people with their children and dogs. Food options range from pizza baked in wood fired ovens to Thai cuisine. The smell of Mexican food prepared in front of you fills the air and fresh squeezed lemons and limes made into a refreshing glass of limeade or lemonade tops it off.

I have to forgo these delicious treats while I am still on a strict diet of vegetable and fruit juices. I do enjoy it with my eyes though. There are often guitars playing in the background, people relaxing under the shade of trees and the laughter of children playing tag. I'm there for fresh apples and beets. There are several farmers that I have come to look forward to seeing each week. They farm without pesticides and use organic methods. I can tell when I bring it home and slice into a nice fresh beet. The taste is wonderfully sweet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment