Saturday, August 16, 2014

How to Avoid Sickness During ChemoTherapy

One of the biggest challenges of chemotherapy is to stay healthy. Chemotherapy kills your white blood cells which is a critical component of your immune system. Every time I had a small fever, Dr. Wallentine would prescribe an antibiotic, which you guessed it, weakens your immune system, forming a depressing downward spiral. This is one of my biggest gripes about Allopathic medicine. We used Young Living Thieves cleaner to disinfect the bathroom. This was critical since I was in and out of the bathroom frequently. The benefit of using the cleaner is that it is composed of all natural ingredients.
 
Wipes For convenience, we used Chlorox wipes to clean door knobs and table surfaces. We also had hand sanitizer bottles at the door and asked visiting guests to clean their hands as they entered.

I always wondered why silver eating utensils are favored. They require a lot of maintenance to keep their shiny beautiful appearance. I thought it was interesting that one of the few possessions that the pious Bishop Myriel from the story Les Miserables had a set of silverware that he used to eat his daily supper. Hospitals used to use silver nitrate to prevent neonatal conjunctivitis. Silver has antibiotic properties. The Greeks and Romans used to store all of their perishable liquids in silver containers. And prior to the invention of refrigeration, it was common practice to drop a silver coin into a container of milk to retard spoilage. I don't own any silverware so I added a teaspoon of ASAP10 Colloidal Silver solution to my drinks to kill any stray bacteria.

The side effect from chemotherapy I struggled the most was mouth sores. Cancer-related mouth sores are sores or ulcers that form on the inside lining of your mouth or on your lips. The mouth sores appear burn-like and can be painful, making it difficult to eat, talk, swallow and breathe. Sores can appear on any of the soft tissues of your lips or your mouth, including your gums, your tongue, or the roof and floor of your mouth. Sores can also extend into the tube (esophagus) that carries food to your stomach. I would wake up frequently during the night with my mouth sore, dry and painful. I found that sucking on a popsicle helped. I applied bag balm but the most effective relief came from dipping a q-tip into a bottle of  Myrrh essential oil swabbing it over my lips and inside my mouth and then sucking on to coat my throat. It also helped to eat watermelon in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment