Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Evaluation Time at Attensity

I'm working on my Attensity annual performance appraisal form today. For the past year and a half, I've been devoted to healing from Testicular cancer. It has been a while since I have evaluated my goals, progress, and career aspirations. The first part of the appraisal is self appraisal / employee input. I'm asked to list my goals and objectives and describe the results achieved during the current performance review period. Ok, here goes: Recover from cancer, resume full time work hours and regular office attendance. I completed 12 weeks of chemotherapy, a surgery and intensive chiropractic and massage therapy sessions. I started working 30 hours a week and working from home to conserve strength and avoid exposure to sickness.

List your goals and objectives as well as describe the results that were achieved during the current performance review period.
  • Technical Writing. Create and maintain Attensity product user manuals and developer api documentation.
  • Technical Editing. Review documentation for style, consistency and proper grammar usage.
  • API Documentaton. Create and maintain developer facing documentation for products such as ASAS, Attensity Q REST calls.
  • Madcap Flare. Develop single source documentation for print and online consumption.
  • Web Editing (HTML). Edit web page source text and maintain Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).

Please describe your professional development aspirations and needs that would enhance your value and contribution to the success of Attensity.

Lead my team of technical writers to develop superior documentation, increase my use of Flare and develop my social media skills. I have explored social media tools such as HootSuite and created blogs about my personal experiences at Attensity and how to run a simple social media campaign. I have explored the strengths of Attensity Q in comparison with similar products and how it can be used. I have attended social media use webinars, researched how to use Madcap Flare and deepened my knowledge of HTML and web scripting languages such as JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment