Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Prepared a Garden after Chemotherapy

After I had finished 12 weeks of Chemotherapy, I felt weak, could barely breathe and had little energy. I spent a few minutes each day sitting in my back yard. I started picking up the trash that had accumulated in the back yard. I found that I could do this for a couple of minutes and then had to rest. As each day passed, I started picking up sticks and then rocks that I would carry and made a large pile of rock.

A neighbor loaned me a small electric tilling machine. It was very light and nimble. I plugged it into an extension cord and started turning the soil. I had to be very careful because there was still so many rocks and sometimes it would jam in the tines. I used a hoe to turn the soil, pull out the rocks and then turn the soil. The process was work for 2-5 minutes and then rest for 3 minutes or so. Each day, I found that I felt a little stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment