Saturday, July 4, 2015

Champions Made Here

Allen at the Provo ParadeHappy 4th of July. I am feeling pretty good today. I went to visit a parade in down town Provo and watched two of my daughters march in the Provo High Band. Amanda was playing trombone and Elena was playing a Tenor Sax. It was overcast so the temperature was mild and pleasant. 

I am working out almost every day of the week. I started attending work out classes with my wife at the Provo Recreation Center. One of the classes is called "Insanity". I was a little nervous at first but figured I could just do the best I could and hope for the best! The class is well attended and the program is simple: using your own body weight for resistance, you perform a series of 4 exercise for 30 seconds each in a block. Once you complete a block, you repeat the block 3 times. There is a 30-second periods of rest in between. The idea is to increase your aerobic fitness level while burning fat.The room is packed with people and it seems like I sweat more in this class than any other. I found that I will lose about 3 lbs of water weight!

A few weeks ago, one of the instructors spot lighted my wife and I and gave us a nice t-shirt with the words: Champions Made Here. I like the sound of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment