Sunday, September 6, 2015

On Tidying Up and how it helps treat cancer

One of my biggest struggles with recovery is feeling powerless. I was at the mercy of a treatment plan that nearly killed me. I had to walk away from their treatment plan to survive. I believe that planting a garden, cleaning up the yard, putting my house in order are important steps in my recovery.

I pulled all of my clothing out of the closets, drawers and if something didn't fit right, made me feel embarrassed or brought up unpleasant memories, I discarded it. I filled up two very large heavy duty plastic bags with shirts, socks, pants and other assorted items. Now when I go into the closet, I can get dressed and ready in less than a minute. I no longer have to worry about putting on something that I feel uncomfortable wearing later.

The process gave me hope. I felt empowered to take control of my clothing. This extended to my paperwork. I found that I had piles of papers scattered around the house. My debts have piled up because I am still paying for past cancer treatments. I feel helpless to pay it off since I have failed to procure employment. I was working for a short time but I was dismissed after 2 and a half days! I am struggling with my faith in God, my purpose in life and how I'm going to keep my family fed and housed. As I put myself back together again, putting my house in order has become a top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment