Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bread with a better Aftertaste

I made a loaf of bread with buckwheat, spelt, oat and bread flour. It yielded 3 lbs of dough that I baked into one loaf of bread. The bread tastes unlike anything I have tried before. My initial reaction was yuck, this doesn't taste right but after I swallow, the aftertaste is pleasant. This is different. Usually, it is the other way around!

I do not waste food and since I determined that I hadn't used anything toxic, I determined ways to eat the bread. I mean this is why we have spices right? We eat a lot of things that would not taste good but somehow the right spice can make just about anything taste great.

I cut up the bread into small cubes and added it to a savory mushroom soup. It tastes great with this soup and the strange thing about it is that after eating most of the loaf, I find myself craving it. Despite the strange tastes, this bread has something in it that my body likes. Another benefit of eating this whole grain breads are the effect it has on bowel health. I am passing "text book" perfect stools. I find the bread is satisfying and I don't crave processed food. I have cut down my meat consumption to several ounces per week and feel strong and sturdy in my workouts. I am reminded of the story of Daniel. In the Old Testament, Daniel 1:17, he refused to eat the food from the Kings table and instead ate grains specifically pulse. The results were that he and his friends were "20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king inquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm."

I have found that my tumor has continued to shrink and recede as I avoid eating processed foods. I am thinking clearly, and putting my life back in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment