Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Challenges of Living with Cancer

My dentist, Eric Vogel died a few weeks ago. Cancer formed in his jaw. He underwent rounds of chemotherapy,  surgeries but the cancer kept coming back. He was a gifted dentist, he worked fast and efficient. While I was undergoing my own struggle with chemo treatments, he prayed and stood up for me. We had conversations over the telephone and helped calm my fears and inspired me to hope. When I was down, his concern and love was touching. He reassured me that it was worth the effort and time to find a way to heal. The long sleepless nights, restless days.

I check for signs the cancer is returning. The tumor is still felt in my back at times. It is a little lump that raises when I feel stressed, angry or sad. While running, I notice the tumor recedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment